|Inorganic coating||Alumina; Phosphate|
|Organic treatment||Not Present|
1)Superb dispersion in water
2)Excellent retention characteristics
3)High hiding power
4)Excellent light stability
1)Lowe pressure decor papers
2)Decorative foils and print-based applications
|Packing||In 25KG /500KG /1000KG bag or as per customer’s requirement|
|Storage||This product should not be stored outside or exposed to temperature extremes or to moisture.
To ensure optimum performance, it is recommended that the product is used on a first in, first out basis from receipt of shipment.
|Common Names||TITANIUM DIOXIDE|
|CAS No.||13463-67-7||Boiling Point (℃)||2900|
|Molecular Weight||79.866||Melting Point (℃)||1840|
|Appearance||white powder||Bulk density||3.84|
|HS Code||3206111000||Flash Point (℃)||2500-3000|
|RIDADR||No hazardous good according to the regulation.|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Redness. Burning sensation. Itching.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Protective gloves.||Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. Then consult a doctor.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Nausea. Vomiting.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Refer for medical attention .|
Titanium Dioxide R-217 Properties.
Titanium Dioxide R-217, is a type of surface treated rutile titanium dioxide pigment commonly used in various industries, especially in the manufacturing of paints, coatings, plastics, and other applications where high opacity, maximum dispersion, and good light stability are desired. Let's break down the key characteristics of this pigment:
1. Rutile Titanium Dioxide: Titanium dioxide exists in different crystal structures, with rutile and anatase being the most common forms. Rutile titanium dioxide is known for its higher opacity and better resistance to UV light compared to anatase titanium dioxide. This makes it suitable for applications where long-term stability and excellent hiding power are required.
2. Surface Treated: Surface treatment refers to the application of certain chemicals or coatings on the surface of the titanium dioxide particles. This treatment can improve the dispersibility and compatibility of the pigment in various formulations. It also helps to enhance other properties, such as weather resistance and durability.
3. High Opacity: Opacity refers to the ability of the pigment to obscure or block the background surface. In the case of paints and coatings, high opacity means that the pigment can cover the underlying surface effectively, providing better coverage with a lower amount of pigment.
4. Maximum Dispersion: Good dispersion characteristics mean that the pigment can be evenly distributed within a medium (such as paint, plastic, or ink). Proper dispersion ensures consistent color and performance throughout the product.
5. Good Light Stability: Light stability, also known as lightfastness, refers to the pigment's ability to resist fading or degrading when exposed to UV light, sunlight, or other sources of radiation. In applications where the product will be exposed to light over time, good light stability is crucial to maintaining color integrity and preventing discoloration.