|Tinting reducing power||1850|
|Residue on 45μm||0.02%|
|Resistivity of water extraction||≥60Ω|
|Packing||In 25KG /500KG /1000KG bag or as per customer’s requirement|
|Storage||This product should not be stored outside or exposed to temperature extremes or to moisture.
To ensure optimum performance, it is recommended that the product is used on a first in, first out basis from receipt of shipment.
|Common Names||TITANIUM DIOXIDE|
|CAS No.||13463-67-7||Boiling Point (℃)||2900|
|Molecular Weight||79.866||Melting Point (℃)||1840|
|Appearance||white powder||Bulk density||3.84|
|HS Code||3206111000||Flash Point (℃)||2500-3000|
|RIDADR||No hazardous good according to the regulation.|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Redness. Burning sensation. Itching.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Protective gloves.||Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. Then consult a doctor.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Nausea. Vomiting.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Refer for medical attention .|
R248 TiO2 Properties
Rutile titanium dioxide (TiO2) R248 is a type of white pigment that is widely used in various industries due to its excellent properties and versatility. Here's some more information about it:
1. Composition: Rutile titanium dioxide is a naturally occurring mineral composed of titanium dioxide with the molecular formula TiO2. It is one of the two main crystal forms of titanium dioxide, the other being anatase.
2. White Pigment: Rutile titanium dioxide is valued for its exceptional brightness and whiteness, making it a popular choice as a white pigment in many applications.
3. Surface-Treated: The R248 designation likely refers to a specific grade or type of rutile titanium dioxide that has been surface-treated to improve its performance characteristics. Surface treatment can enhance dispersibility, improve weather resistance, and provide better compatibility with various host materials.
4. Masterbatches: Masterbatches are solid or liquid additives used to impart color or other properties to plastics during the manufacturing process. Rutile titanium dioxide R248 is often incorporated into masterbatches to achieve white or lighter-colored plastic products.
5. Plastic Products: Rutile titanium dioxide R248 is commonly used in the production of plastic goods, including but not limited to films, sheets, containers, and various molded plastic items. It helps enhance the opacity and brightness of plastic materials.
6. Plates and Pipes: Rutile titanium dioxide R248 can be added to plates and pipes made from plastic or other materials to improve their appearance and durability. It aids in preventing UV degradation and discoloration over time.
7. Oily Paints: In the paint industry, rutile titanium dioxide R248 finds use in the formulation of oil-based paints. It contributes to the paint's opacity, color stability, and hiding power.
8. Leather Color Pastes: Rutile titanium dioxide R248 may also be utilized in the production of leather color pastes, where it helps achieve the desired color and consistency.
Due to its excellent light-scattering properties and stability, rutile titanium dioxide is preferred over anatase titanium dioxide in applications where opacity and weather resistance are critical.